Ep 1: Who Would've Thought (Poem)

From Ep 1: Welcome to Bean Bag Hub & Poem

Podcast URL: https://open.spotify.com/episode/4cuaREGTd1NEajAREfXrcI?si=Xz3qXN3VQMuo8zQzGM9UGQ

Hello there! And thank you for visitng my blog. :)
Here, I will be posting my works that I share with you in the podcast.

In this episode, I recited a poem that I made during the stay-home periods due to COVID-19.

------☁︎︎------☁︎︎------☁︎︎------☁︎︎------☁︎︎------

Who Would've Thought 

Who would've thought.
Who would've thought our world would endure such monstrous confusion,
In self-isolation in fear of contamination. ⁣
Who would've thought going out meant freedom,⁣⁣
Now locked up in boredom with the falling cherry blossoms.⁣⁣
Who would've thought the news to talk not of enemy and ally,⁣⁣
But of the world's outcry of suffering and sighs. ⁣⁣
Who would've thought 'that' would be our last visit for a while,⁣⁣
The last strolls, hugs, and within-reach smiles. ⁣⁣
Who would've thought that 2020 which promised us Olympics, interactions and all the smiles, ⁣⁣
To suffocate us instead with encounters in exile.⁣⁣ 

But, ⁣⁣ Who would've thought I'd find gratitude in what once seemed ordinary. ⁣⁣ 
Meals with family, daily routines and late night movies.⁣
Grateful for our doctors, nurses and supermarket employees.⁣⁣
Who would've thought how much kindness weighs in a world of chaos,⁣⁣
How a simple text can spread happiness and life force.⁣
Now we need patience, and kindness to prolong⁣⁣ 

For a "Who would've thought... ⁣⁣ ...Our world to be so small, yet so strong."

------☁︎︎------☁︎︎------☁︎︎------☁︎︎------☁︎︎------ 

I'll see you in my next blog post. Stay safe!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ep 3: Being Stuck in a Stuffy Old Closet (Essay)

Ep 2: The Independence Project (Short Story)