Ep 4: A Deep Dive into Romance (Show and Tell #1)
From Ep 4: A Deep Dive into Romance (Show and Tell #1)
Podcast URL: https://open.spotify.com/episode/6Fhar6lj4WFBiSCLYyFNnC?si=tNl2N39rRUa4qfIJ-xuL0g
Hello there! And thank you for visitng my blog. :)
Here, I will be posting my works that I share with you in the podcast.
This episode was the first episode in the "Show and Tell" series where I will be discussing about my personal experience. In this episode, I shared my past struggle with feeling repulsed by reciprocated feelings.
Topics mentioned: 蛙化現象, lithromanticism
------☁︎︎------☁︎︎------☁︎︎------☁︎︎------☁︎︎------
Correction [1]:
As one of my listeners pointed out (thank you ☺️), while I spoke about people on the aromantic spectrum not having the "desire for" romantic attraction, this is incorrect. People on the aromantic spectrum lack (or have very little of) the feeling of romantic attraction REGARDLESS of their desire for romantic attraction/relationships. This is why cupioromantic people have a desire for romantic relationships without feeling romantic attraction, and demiromantic people only develop romantic attraction after they develop a strong emotional connection with their partner. (Cupioromantic and demiromantic belong under the umbrella term of aromantic spectrum.)
Disclaimers:
- As
of this moment, I do not identify with either group. I am not representing any type/ group of people, I am
merely sharing with you my own personal experience.
- While 蛙化現象 and lithromanticism share commonalities, they are not the same thing.
蛙化現象 is often surrounded by negative connotation (as a symptom to "fix"), while lithromanticism is a natural and valid romantic orientation. - I am not an expert in the field, so please let me know in the comments if you find any factual errors.
Useful Resources:
On 蛙化現象
- Blog I referred to in the podcast: http://www.nagoyamisato.com/archives/954
- Academic article (brief): https://jglobal.jst.go.jp/detail?JGLOBAL_ID=200902260863580220
- Another blog which discusses 蛙化現象 in a neutral way: https://close-by-world.com/consultation/kaeruka-genshou
On Lithromanticism
- Definition Source: https://lgbta.wikia.org/wiki/Lithromantic
- Another wiki: https://aromantic.wikia.org/wiki/Lithromantic
- Reddit community (r/lithromantic): https://www.reddit.com/r/lithromantic/
Others
- Glossary of terms used in the Aromantic community: https://www.aromanticism.org/en/all-terms#akoiromantic
- An interesting paper on asexuality (including mentions of aromanticism): https://doi.org/10.1177/1363460708094269
------☁︎︎------☁︎︎------☁︎︎------☁︎︎------☁︎︎------
I'll see you in my next blog post. Happy February! 💛
Comments
Post a Comment